- Since 1908, The McKay Firm, PA has served South Carolina as a leader in the legal community.
- The McKay Firm, PA is a civil defense-oriented firm.
- Our practice areas include insurance defense, construction law, trucking and transportation law, products liability, professional licensing, medical malpractice, premises liability and professional liability.
- In an effort to expand our practice, we are looking to hire a highly motivated associate attorney with five years of litigation experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong academic qualifications.
- A background in legal research and writing is strongly preferred.
- A record of commitment to client satisfaction and client communication
- The ability to independently manage a caseload
- The ability to vigorously advocate for our clients’ goals while maintaining a strong commitment to professionalism, ethics and civility
- Practice in both state and federal courts, in areas spanning from torts to constitutional law
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of organization.
- Licensed with the state of South Carolina and in good standing, with no disciplinary issues
- Prior civil defense experience, particularly in commercial transportation litigation or governmental defense cases, is preferred but not required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K plan and contribution match after 12 months of employment
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-term Disability
- Full-time salary position with bonus potential
- Additional voluntary benefits
- If interested please forward a cover letter, reference list, writing sample and current resume to Office Manager Sarah Lee.